Photo: Kamenev Andrey/GeoPhoto.ru
2021 Legislative Election: Russian Arctic Votes for United Russia and Communists
On 21 September, the Central Election Commission, a national election oversight body, reportedly completed the vote count for the 2021 national election to the State Duma (Russian Parliament). According to the data disseminated by the Commission, the following parties got the most votes in the Russian Arctic.
- In Arkhangelsk Oblast, the ruling United Russia tops the list with 32.21% votes cast in its favor. It is followed by the Communist Party (18.7%), the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (12.92%), A Just Russia — For Truth (11.7%) and New People (9.68%).
- In the Republic of Karelia, United Russia received 31.69% of votes, the Communist Party 16.01%, A Just Russia — For Truth 11.73%, the Liberal Democrats 9.77% and Yabloko 7.47%.
- In the Komi Republic, United Russia took the lead with 29.44% of votes, closely followed by the Communists (26.88%). Other parties scored as follows: the Liberal Democrats 11.96%, New People 9.57% and A Just Russia — For Truth 8.33%.
- In the Krasnoyarsk Kray’s constituencies, United Russia received 36.64% of votes, the Communists 22.88%, the Liberal Democrats 13.68%, New People 7,84% and A Just Russia — For Truth 6,14%.
- In Murmansk Oblast, United Russia got 35.81% of votes, the Communists 17.81%, A Just Russia — For Truth 11.21%, the Liberal Democrats 11.06% and New People 8.56%.
- In the Nenets Autonomous District, the Communists received the most votes (33.14%), while United Russia came in second (27.87%), the Liberal Democrats third (10.77%), A Just Russia — For Truth fourth (8.45%) and New People fifth (6.72%).
- In the Yakut Republic, the Communists won the highest share of the vote (35.15%), while United Russia got 33.22% of votes, New People 9.87%, A Just Russia — For Truth 8.19% and the Liberal Democrats 5.14%.
- In the Chukotka Autonomous District, United Russia came in first with 46.02% of votes followed by the Liberal Democrats (14.97%), the Communists (13.14%), A Just Russia — For Truth (6.42%) and New People (5.14%).
- In turn, in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, United Russia secured an outright majority with 66.35% of votes cast for it. The Liberal Democrats received 13.09% of votes, the Communists 7.79%, A Just Russia — For Truth 4.77% and New People 1.95%.
22 September 2021